Thermal Paper Rolls
At PTI, we manufacture and convert high quality, custom printed thermal paper roll media for a variety of applications in numerous industries.
- Parking, Public Safety and Transit
- Transportation and Logistics
- Datamax-O'Neil (Honeywell)
- Intermec (Honeywell)
- Star Micronix
What is the difference between direct thermal and thermal transfer?
A Thermal printer (or Direct Thermal printer) produces a printed image by selectively heating coated thermochromic paper, or thermal paper as it is commonly known, when the paper passes over the thermal print head. The coating turns black in the areas where it is heated, producing an image. Two-color direct thermal printers are capable of printing both black and an additional color (often red), by applying heat at two different temperatures.
- Thermal printers print faster and more quietly than dot matrix printers.
- They are also more economical
since their only consumable is the paper itself.
- Printers can be rapidly refilled, leading to almost
- Lower cost of ownership
In Thermal Transfer printing, a thermal printhead applies heat to a ribbon, which melts ink onto the material to form the image. The ink is absorbed so that the image becomes part of the media. This technique provides image quality and durability that is unmatched by other on-demand printing technologies.
- Thermal transfer printers can accept a wider variety of media than direct thermal models, including paper, polyester, and polypropylene materials.
- Thermal transfer printers can create extremely durable wristbands, asset tags, and certification labels, in addition to common labels, tags, and tickets.
- Users can create archival-quality labels to withstand temperature extremes, ultraviolet exposure, chemicals, sterilization, and more.
- Typical thermal transfer applications include: product identification; circuit board tracking; permanent identification; sample and file tracking; asset tagging; inventory identification; certification labels such as UL/CSA; laboratory specimens; cold storage and freezers; and outdoor applications.
Why choose PTI for thermal paper rolls?
- 100% product satisfaction
- Guaranteed OEM compatibility
- Unsurpassed quality
- Stellar customer service
- Rapid turnaround
- Unmatched industry expertise
- Creative solutions for unique applications
- Free in-house design consultation
- Warehouse and fulfillment programs