PermTherm: What is it, and what are the benefits? October 31 2016
In a nutshell, PermTherm is a direct thermal film with thermal transfer attributes.
PermTherm is a printable polyolefin film that provides an innovative substrate for thermal printing, replacing both traditional Direct Thermal (DT) substrates and the use of Thermal Transfer Ribbons (TTR). Sharp, durable, fade-proof images are created on PermTherm using standard thermal/barcode printers.
No ribbons. No coatings. Exceptional performance.
Innovative PermTherm film revolutionizes thermal / barcode printing with a user-friendly and cost-effective design that displays exceptional resistance to heat, UV light, water and chemicals.
- Image permanence, with no image fade from heat, light or time.
- Image is UV light-resistant, and is estimated to last 18 months outdoors.
- Unlike Direct Thermal (DT) technology, there is no pre-imaging; film is heat-stable for any period of time, up to 130˚C (266˚F).
- Print surface and printed image are not affected by water. Volatile solvents such as IPA, Xylene and some household solvents do not irreversibly darken the print surface or printed image.
- Durability is comparable to Thermal Transfer (TT) films using wax/resin ribbons.
PermTherm can be used for pressure-sensitive labels, tickets and tags, and point-of-sale applications. It is ideal for both indoor and outdoor applications, where chemical or water resistance is required.
- Nursery tags & labels
- Pharmaceutical labels
- Price tags & labels
- Chemical labels
- Office products - binder labels
- Retail apparel tags & labels
- Medical labels / medical graphing
- Consumer products
- Meat/food packaging
- Industrial, plumbing fixtures, parts
- Logistics, inventory, shipping, warehouse, pallet labels
- Variable tracking data
- Retail shelf marking